We’ve all been there. The sinking feeling when you know the next two hours will be ‘death by PowerPoint.’ Nobody wants to sit through a badly formatted presentation, and nobody wants to feel they’re boring their audience. Your style and the quality of your presentation can make a big difference to the way you are perceived, so it’s important to make it as good as it can be. Enter Prezi, a free (at baseline functionality) presentation builder – here are 5 reasons you should ditch the PowerPoints today.
- The tools you use reflect how up to date you are with changing trends. This is especially relevant if you’re a marketer – you’re representing your company through your presentation, so using outdated technology can leave you looking out of touch.
- Prezi doesn’t use slides, it moves around a map of your design which is far less monotonous. You can make your Prezi as flamboyant as you like, embed videos and add music, whatever you think is likely to keep your audience interested.
- As Prezi is based online, you can share it extremely easily. If you want to send out your presentation after a meeting, all you need to do is group email attendees with a link to your Prezi.
- You can work on it wherever you are and access your Prezi anytime, anywhere. You can download it to your desktop if you’re going to an internet black spot, or you can make last minute changes on your iPad on the way to a meeting. There is also the facility for multiple people to work on a Prezi at a time, so instead of sending notes back and forth, you can edit as a team in real time, no matter where your colleagues are.
- It’s very user friendly. Changing standard software can be a challenge, especially if you are part of a large team, but you can get everybody on board with Prezi with just half a day’s training.